Casper Kuusisto Dohn
Hi, my name is Casper Kuusisto Dohn.
I am from a small country in northern Europe called Denmark. I live together with my wife Anna and together we own an American Quarter Horse called Ruf Jazz.
I started riding in January 2018. My cousin Natasha are a professional Horsewoman in AQHA and who would be better to train me, than her.
Very fast I found out that I was quite fund of western riding. I liked it so much that once a week was not enough. And therefore, I talked with Anna about getting our own horse. After thinking about it for some time we boughed Potter the first of April 2018.
It takes some time to learn how to ride and I can sometimes fell that I get a bit impatient. But I love it and especially when I learn something new.
Here on this blog I will post text and videos about my development. But you can also follow me on our Instagram account @meandmyquarter.
Besides my riding I have also got involved in other things in this western riding world. The local riding club Flat Creek Western Riders (FCWR) needed a new board. I signed up and got elected as a board member and vice chairman. We arrange club evening for our member with trail, roping and other discipline. We also arrange shows, training shows and help other clubs with their shows.
In February 2018 I took a course in how to arrange official AQHA og APHA shows. On that course I got certified as a Show Manager and Show Secretary in both AQHA and APHA. So I can now arrange oficiale AQHA and APHA shows.
Clubs and associations
- January 2019 to now – Board member and cashier in the Danish Quarter Horse Association
- January 2018 to now – Board member and vice chairman in the club Flat Creek Western Riders
- September 2018 – Helper at the Danish championship.
- July 2018 – Responsible for the cattle at a local cutting show.
- May 2018 – Responsible for the arena at Kumlegaards big show Spring Celebrations. Both for all the helpers, building patterns and alike.
Curses and educations
- February 2018 – Educated show manager and show secretary in the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA).
- February 2018 – Educated show manager and show secretary in the American Paint Horse Association (APHA).